Sunday, November 1, 2009

Rolling

Hope you all had a great night of costumes and candy. Liz and I are hunkered down doing some over-due catching up on some writing. We are headed up and over to Garberville today, hopefully we'll get to spend some more time in the Redwoods and get to do a little Sasquatch hunting.

We spent a few nights in the friendliest town I've ever had the pleasure of car-camping in. The locals wake you up with fresh coffee and go out fishing for you. Pt. Arena is chillsville, and is home to the nicest people on the Californian coast. We were given so much love here.



We picked up a new friend, Rolling Turtle, on the way to Pt. Arena. He is a now unemployed history professor (there are too many teachers without work out there). Rolling Turtle plays the meanest mandolin I've ever heard. I was able to find a video of him on Youtube, but it doesn't even come close to doing him justice. I swear we were rolling down the road with pure mandolin-magic flying out our van's windows.

2 comments:

  1. Y'all should here me now. I'll be recording my next project, titled "Revised Standards Version" in June. Rolling Turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, that's Hear me now. Rolling Turtle.

    ReplyDelete